Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It is just one of them days...

Everyone that has lost someone will tell you that sometimes you just have one of them days. No matter how long the person has been gone you just have a day, an hour, or even a minute, of missing them hardcore. You always miss them but sometimes it is just really hard to deal with.

This afternoon was that time for me. I was wearing the monkey in the Beco. She fell asleep and I was putting away laundry. A new favorite song of mine came on by Miranda Lambert.. It made me start thinking about the house I grew up in. Tears started to stream. It is impossible to think about growing up, the house I grew up in, or virtually anything else without thinking of my parents. Especially my father.

I started to think of everything he missed - my senior year, my senior day at softball, my prom, high school graduation, college, college graduation, my wedding, and now my wonderful daughter. My daughter so far has been the hardest... I can just imagine how he would have been with her and it aches...it makes me miss him what seems like more than the day he was taken from us...

Than I started to think of all the memories with him and our family... How lucky we all were to have known him, loved him, been loved by him, and have the memories with him...

He was strong...


and funny...{Sixteenth birthday party when he saw the bill!}


and a family man...


I miss him everyday. I love him.
I wish he was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment