Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day to other the mother's out there! Happy Mother's Day to my awesome Mom! and my Wonderful Grandma! I love you both!

My 1st mother's day was wonderful. When Madelyn woke up she was all smiles. It was nice to look in her crib and see her infectious smile looking at me! We spent a nice day together, a little bit of time relaxing at home, homemade breakfast, and some shopping.

My husband did an amazing job picking out my gifts! (I love you!) They were thoughtful, warm, so "me", and showed how much he knows and loves me. I will always remember them. He got me a charm for my Pandora bracelet that has Madelyn's name and birthday engraved into it. He got me chocolate covered strawberries and a frame with a picture of Madelyn and I. The card he got me was also awesome, as he put Madelyn's hand print in it. He did a great job for his first time buying mother's day gifts for me. I know he was nervous and worried, but hunnie you did an amazing job and I thank you for making my day special!



Close up of the charm:


My best friend also got me a mother's day gift. Which was very unexpected! She made me chocolate covered oreos! Can we say yummy!? (So about Mcfatty Monday --- uh oh!) She is awesome and I am thankful to have her as a friend! I love you Danielle!



Overall, I had a very nice first mother's day. It is so surreal to be a mom. I never knew I could love one person so much. I never thought I could worry about one person so much. I never thought one person could make me smile as much as she does. I love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment