Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First time in the pool!

I love water. I grew up with a pool and around 2 different lakes. I would spend as much time in the water as I could. As I have gotten older I have moved farther away from water, not by choice. I no longer have a pool in my backyard to use as I please. I no longer "live" in my Grandparents old lake house every weekend. It is a bummer. I miss those sweet lake and pool days.

My goal is to have Madelyn love the water as well, her father doesn't and I really want her to know the joys. If she doesn't love the water that is fine but she will know how to swim. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

So last weekend it was HOT here. Both my Aunt and Eric's Aunt have pools. So last Saturday we went to visit my Grandma and we went in my Aunt's in ground pool. It was Monkey's first time in a pool (besides our tiny 3 feet foam one, that only gets her feet wet). I am proud to say, she loved it. She was splashing and kicking! One of the best parts of it, was she got her father to go in with her! I had to capture it on camera! Eric hardly ever goes in the water, I am always in alone!

The following day we went to Eric's Aunts for a day in the pool with the family. We jumped right in and she LOVED it. No pictures from this day, oops! But she just hung out with me. I am pretty sure if I didn't take her out, she would have sat in the pool with me ALL day! She was so content.

I can not wait for our vacation to my Moms. Mom lives on one of the two lakes I grew up going to. I used to play in the water with my parents and brother all day long. I can not wait for us to bring Madelyn in the lake too. It will truly be special as I have so many memories at the lake. I know my Dad will be there watching because we used to just sit in tubes all day together!

Madelyn just "chillen" in the pool with Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment